Remember that this Friday is the last day to bring your Box Tops for the first competition to win an Ice Cream Party for your class.
Put them in a Ziploc bag trimmed and cut with your Teacher’s name and grade, then bring to the collection can. The winning classes will be announced after Christmas Break.
Also coming up for 5th and 6th Graders–
Fliers will be distributed in December through your teachers. You can attend lunch-time meetings in January and February to qualify and prepare to represent Windridge at the District Constitution Bowl on March 13, 2015!
Coming Up in MARCH 2015
Windridge Annual Talent Show
Tryouts: Monday, March 2, 2015 after school
Show: Monday, March 23, 2015 1:15 to 2:00 Grades 1-3
2:15 to 3:15 Grades 4-6
Details to come!
Windridge Geography Bee
1st Place McKay Renstrom Mrs. Workman
2nd Place Braxton Nelson Mrs Ostermiller
3rd Place Palmer Gardner Mrs. Herbst
Storytelling Festival Winners:
1st Place Kate Call (3rd grade) (will represent Windridge at District Event)
2nd Place Hanna Rentz (3rd grade)
3rd Place Rachel Ripplinger (6th grade)
Honorable Mention Malia Caldwell (5th Grade)
Martin Luther King Speech Contest
1st Place Morgan Otero (3rd Grade) Will Represent Windridge at District Event in 3rd through 6th Grade category
2nd Place Stephen Lee (3rd Grade)
3rd Place Kate Miller (3rd Grade)
1st Place Ethan Hall (2nd Grade) Will Represent Windridge at District Even in K-2nd Category
The last T-shirt order will be sent in Tuesday, November 18th! If you are interested in getting a t-shirt, please contact Nancy Morrell at 801-510-5896. We have quite a few shirts in our inventory as well so give me a call and we may have the size that you would like. The String backpacks, hoodies, and sweats are in limited quantities.
It is not too late to join PTA or PTA Plus. If you would still like to join, it is $6 for PTA or if you would like to get big discounts on yearbook, t-shirts, pictures, and book fair, it is $40 for a PTA Plus. You can send your money to the office (please designate that it is for PTA membership) or you can still do it online.
IF YOU LOVE TO TELL STORIES AND PERFORM IN FRONT OF AN AUDIENCE–THIS IS THE ACTIVITY FOR YOU!
Windridge Elementary Storytelling Festival
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
You could go on to represent our school at the
Davis Storytelling Festival on January 22, 2015,
with an opportunity to perform at
Weber State University February 23 to 25, 2015.
- Fill out the bottom portion of this paper and place it in Mrs. Harris’ box in the office by Tuesday, November 11, 2014.
- Come to a 20-minute workshop on Thursday, October 23 and/or Thursday, November 6, during the lunch hour. Bring a sack lunch. Presentation from 12:20 to 12:40 in room #31 (SEM Room). We will give you a detailed packet to help you prepare—story ideas, presentation ideas, websites, etc.
- Start looking for a story/folktale that you can re-tell in 3-5 minutes.
- Be prepared to tell your story at our Windridge Festival on Tuesday, November 18, 2014. A representative will be chosenat that time. Your presentation will be given between 1:00 to 3:00 pm in the SEM room #31. A detailed time will be given later so parents can come. You will be excused from class for a short period of time.
- Contact Staci Taylor 801-593-8620 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or if you need help with story ideas.
I am interested in the Storytelling Festival. I will be at the workshops listed above in room #31 (Mrs. Harris’ SEM Room).
Phone Number_____________________ Email: _____________________
RED RIBBON WEEK ACTIVITIES
THE MAGIC WORD FOR DRUG FREE KIDS IS NO!
TUESDAY–WEAR YOUR MAGICAL BOOTS TO GIVE DRUGS THE BOOT
WEDNESDAY–WEAR YOUR MAGICAL HAT TO KEEP IN YOUR HEAD THE MAGIC WORD, “NO!”
FRIDAY—WEAR YOUR HAIR MAGICAL!!!!
Don’t forget that Reflections needs to be handed in BY OCT. 10TH!