The last T-shirt order will be sent in Tuesday, November 18th! If you are interested in getting a t-shirt, please contact Nancy Morrell at 801-510-5896. We have quite a few shirts in our inventory as well so give me a call and we may have the size that you would like. The String backpacks, hoodies, and sweats are in limited quantities.
It is not too late to join PTA or PTA Plus. If you would still like to join, it is $6 for PTA or if you would like to get big discounts on yearbook, t-shirts, pictures, and book fair, it is $40 for a PTA Plus. You can send your money to the office (please designate that it is for PTA membership) or you can still do it online.
IF YOU LOVE TO TELL STORIES AND PERFORM IN FRONT OF AN AUDIENCE–THIS IS THE ACTIVITY FOR YOU!
Windridge Elementary Storytelling Festival
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
You could go on to represent our school at the
Davis Storytelling Festival on January 22, 2015,
with an opportunity to perform at
Weber State University February 23 to 25, 2015.
- Fill out the bottom portion of this paper and place it in Mrs. Harris’ box in the office by Tuesday, November 11, 2014.
- Come to a 20-minute workshop on Thursday, October 23 and/or Thursday, November 6, during the lunch hour. Bring a sack lunch. Presentation from 12:20 to 12:40 in room #31 (SEM Room). We will give you a detailed packet to help you prepare—story ideas, presentation ideas, websites, etc.
- Start looking for a story/folktale that you can re-tell in 3-5 minutes.
- Be prepared to tell your story at our Windridge Festival on Tuesday, November 18, 2014. A representative will be chosenat that time. Your presentation will be given between 1:00 to 3:00 pm in the SEM room #31. A detailed time will be given later so parents can come. You will be excused from class for a short period of time.
- Contact Staci Taylor 801-593-8620 or email@example.com with questions or if you need help with story ideas.
I am interested in the Storytelling Festival. I will be at the workshops listed above in room #31 (Mrs. Harris’ SEM Room).
Phone Number_____________________ Email: _____________________
RED RIBBON WEEK ACTIVITIES
THE MAGIC WORD FOR DRUG FREE KIDS IS NO!
TUESDAY–WEAR YOUR MAGICAL BOOTS TO GIVE DRUGS THE BOOT
WEDNESDAY–WEAR YOUR MAGICAL HAT TO KEEP IN YOUR HEAD THE MAGIC WORD, “NO!”
FRIDAY—WEAR YOUR HAIR MAGICAL!!!!
Don’t forget that Reflections needs to be handed in BY OCT. 10TH!
MEMBERSHIP CONTEST ENDS SEPT. 19TH! THE CLASS WITH THE HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF MEMBERSHIP WINS A FREE PIZZA PARTY! IF YOU HAVEN’T SIGNED UP FOR PTA, IT IS NOT TOO LATE! JOIN TODAY! EITHER HERE ON THIS WEBSITE UNDER MEMBERSHIIP OR SEND YOUR MONEY TO THE SCHOOL!
WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON SEPT. 19TH! TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE DRAWING, YOU MUST BE A MEMBER OF THE PTA! PRIZES INCLUDE JAZZ TICKETS, UTAH, BYU, AND UTAH STATE TICKETS PLUS LOTS MORE! DON’T WAIT! JOIN TODAY!
We will be collecting Box Tops for the 2014-2015 school year!!!
Trimmed and cut out.
In a plastic zip lock bag.
With their teacher’s name and grade on the bag.
Enter them in the collection spot by the front office.
We will be awarding the top class with a party!!!
Grades K-3 will compete for a party.
Grades 4-6 will compete for a party.
Dead lline for the 1st competition is December 19, 2014.
Help your Child’s class win and send in the Box Tops.
FREE PIZZA PARTY FOR THE CLASS WITH THE HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF PTA MEMBERSHIIP!
When a parent (or teacher) joins the PTA, their child’s class earns a minion! Have more than one child? Follow the instructions below so that your child(ren) receive credit for your membership:
1. A PTA envelope that is filled out with payment enclosed or
2. If they have a sibling in the school, they can bring an envelope saying that they sent their payment with their other child (they need to include child’s name and teacher) or
3. If they purchased their membership online or back to school, they need to bring a receipt in showing payment.
Remember you get a minion for your classroom when your teacher joins, also!